In keeping with our mission of providing exceptional member experiences through well-maintained facilities, the Board of Governors has approved a renovation to the Victory golf course that will take place in summer 2023.
On April 3, 2023, the Victory course closed in order for construction to begin. The Victory course is expected to reopen in December 2023.
The Victory golf course was last renovated in summer of 2006. Although the golf course is maintained in pristine condition and continues to be enjoyed by members and guests alike, it is paramount that we ensure the playability, aesthetics, and overall value of the course are upheld in the future.
The renovation will include a complete redesign of all 18 holes of the Victory course, including new irrigation, new wood bulkhead retaining walls, and all new trees and landscaping. In addition, it will include a Par 3 overlay, which will offer an additional set of tees which will provide hole distances between 75 – 160 yards. The par 3 overlay will allow for a fast, fun and casual additional use of the course. The golf course architect will be Kipp Schulties, who designed the Legends Course in 2011. Kipp is a world renowned golf course architect with an impressive portfolio of highly rated golf courses, including many in Florida.
• Begin preparation for renovation by eradicating the existing turf
• Root prune trees to be relocated
• Transplant select landscape material to Legends Course
• Supplies arrive including wood for bridges and walls, irrigation pipe, etc.
• Remove irrigation sprinklers
APRIL 2023: GROUNDBREAKING
• Victory Course closed for construction
• Large equipment stripping and burying turf
• Demolition of unwanted vegetation/trees
• Digging lakes, building wood bulkhead walls
• Relocating trees
• Welding irrigation pipe
• Rough grading continues
• Irrigation system installation
• Drainage installation
• Wood bulkhead walls continues
JUNE – AUGUST 2023
• Course starts taking shape
• Building greens
• Turning on sections of irrigation
• Planting turf
• Pouring concrete cart paths
SEPTEMBER – NOVEMBER 2023
• Final finishes
• Planting turf
• Finishing cart paths
• Fine tuning irrigation
• Mowing turf
DECEMBER 2023: GRAND OPENING
• Initial opening will be cart path only while the turf continues to develop.